Peanut Butter Cups
These are always a very popular treat, but commercial ones tend to have cheap chocolate and peanut butter, as well as additives you don’t really need. Use my recipe to make a scrumptious treat that is better for you and tastes out of this world.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy, I’ve used almond butter which was yummy too)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (sometimes I add just a little extra)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (or 100% cocoa)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp honey (or pure maple syrup or melted erythritol in a little boiling water)
- 12 extra tsp of peanut butter
- In a large bowl place, the 1/2 cup of peanut butter, coconut oil, cacao powder, vanilla, sea salt and honey and mix well.
- Place 1 Tbsp of the chocolate mixture into prepared mini muffin trays and leave in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Add a teaspoon-sized amount of peanut butter on top of each, then pour over another tablespoon of the chocolate.
- Place back in the freezer to set for another 20 minutes.
- Store the peanut butter cups in the fridge.
Makes 12 medium-sized peanut butter cups.
Vegan if honey is omitted.
Sometimes I put a pecan in the middle before placing back in the freezer for the 2nd time.