- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 6 to 8 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom seeds
- 1 cup frozen soya beans, thawed
- 1/2 a papaya, peeled, seeded, and cut into large chunks
- 1 cup cooked rice (blend basmati with wild rice)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1. Place a small skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. Add the curry leaves, mustard seeds, coriander, and salt and toast for 1 minute. Stir in the soya beans and cook for about 3 minutes. Let the mixture cool.
2. Put the papaya chunks into a salad bowl along with the rice and cooled soya bean mixture. Add salt, pepper, and lime juice and toss well. Taste and add more salt, if needed.